Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read these terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Your continued use of this website confirms your acceptance of these terms. The Cobra Seats Shop is owned and operated by NC Marketing Ltd. T/A Carnoisseur. In these Terms and Conditions we simply refer to ourselves as Carnoisseur.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: ONLINE & TELEPHONE
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases of items from this website except special order items*. Please read this document carefully before placing your order. We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change. Please check them before you make any new purchase. We advise you to print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.
SALE OF GOODS
- By placing an order with Carnoisseur (referred to as us/we/our), you (the customer) are accepting these terms and conditions, as well as our Website Terms and Conditions of Use, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will acknowledge your order by email as soon as possible. Any email or other acknowledgment from us does not constitute our legal acceptance of your order. Your offer is accepted and our contract begins with you, when the goods are despatched.
- We will email you a copy of your receipt. Please ensure you keep this in a safe place as this will also be your guarantee on the following terms:
Should any of the goods develop a fault simply return your goods within 7 days of purchase complete with original packaging (please refer to Returns and Cancellations sections below for additional conditions that apply) and you will be offered the choice of either an exchange or a full refund.
PAYMENT AND PRICES
- We will accept payment of your order by Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect and Maestro only. We also accept Paypal payments. Payment by cheque or cash on delivery is not accepted. Unfortunately we do not offer credit facilities.
- Payment for goods must be made in accordance with our purchase procedure. All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to despatch. We cannot accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
- The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission on the price published for the goods on our website is wrong. We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
- All prices on our website are in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of our delivery charges, which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
- Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will obviously refund any money already paid by you for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
- We will endeavour to deliver the goods within the times stated on our website, but time shall not be of the essence. If no times are specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages,
- We reserve the right to charge £35 for re-delivery if you are not present at the agreed original delivery date.
- As soon as we have delivered the goods to you, you will be responsible for them. When we deliver the goods we will require you to sign for them. If you are not able to sign for a delivery, we will do our utmost to let you know when we intend to redeliver the goods again. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end at the time the carrier tried to delivery the goods to you.
- Title in the goods will pass on delivery. Should you return the goods pursuant to conditions set out under these terms and conditions, then title in the goods shall revert to us when you return the goods to us.
- Goods, other than faulty goods, may be returned within 14 working days of the day after the date of receipt by you of the goods. The cost of the return delivery charge under these circumstances is to be paid directly by the customer. As you can appreciate, we would request that all goods be returned in an ‘as new’ condition complete with packaging and all accessories. Unfortunately, goods which do not comply with this condition may be subject to a handling charge. Where goods are returned in accordance with this provision, we will happily reimburse any money already paid by you, excluding any delivery costs incurred by us. We will usually refund you what you paid for the goods but not the delivery charges except in cases where the order was cancelled under the UK Distance Selling Act or the item was faulty. More information on the UK Distance Selling Act can be found here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/contents/made
- When we receive the returned goods, we will inspect them to ensure all manuals, accessories and other components are within the returned package and that you have taken reasonable care of the goods. If we receive an item that you have not taken reasonable care of, we will charge you a £25 administration fee as well as a fee equivalent to the reduction in the item’s value. If the item has missing components, we shall charge you a further fee to cover the cost of these items. These costs will be deducted from any refund that is due to you.
Please call or email us if you wish to cancel your order.
Cancellations of Special Order Items* will only be accepted if the items have not yet begun to be manufactured.
- If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us within 48 hours and return the item to us within 7 days of the date of delivery and we will either replace the goods at no charge, or refund any money paid by you for the goods. If the goods returned under this condition are found not to be defective and in full working order, they will be returned to you. An administration fee of 15% of the price of the goods, along with the cost of carriage will be charged to you, to cover the costs we have incurred.
- Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods. However, if your goods do not conform to the specification displayed on the website relating to such goods at the date of purchase, we will arrange for collection of the goods from you and you will be entitled to receive a refund on production of the proof of purchase (sale receipt).
- As you can appreciate we shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
- The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. We will however endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 7 working days. If you have a complaint please contact us at:
Carnoisseur Head Office
5a Brittany Court
High Street South
Please note that calls to our Mail Order Department may be monitored or recorded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: WEBSITE
- This website is owned by N C Marketing Limited trading as Carnoisseur. Registered Number 06765622 England. Registered Trademark Owner: Neville Crow.
- We grant you (the user) a non-exclusive licence to use this website upon the following terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to terminate this licence at any time without notice.
MATERIALS IN SITE
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed by us. This material includes but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research only. Commercial use of the material on this website is not permitted. The redistribution, republication, or otherwise making available of the material on this website to third parties without our prior written consent is prohibited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
- The information in this website is given in good faith. It is subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies and (except as set out under the heading “Liability”) make no representation and give no warranty as to its accuracy. Please see our Terms and Conditions regarding the basis on which we will provide goods and services to you. In particular please also see section “Payment and Prices” of the Terms and Conditions regarding changes to the price of products.
- Nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
- This website contains links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control. Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named or referred to on this website are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- We do not guarantee that use of this website will be compatible with all hardware and software which may be used by visitors to the site.
- Except as set out in the clause below, we will be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused arising out of any information or other materials contained in this website, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus or any errors in the content of this website or any communication from us regarding the same.
- These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
Carnoisseur is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Carnoisseur may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2014.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We will periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to tailor the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you are happy for us to collect information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Carnoisseur. Brittany Court, High Street South, Dunstable LU6 3HR.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- If you would us to delete your personal information at any time please contact our Data Controller Patrick Crow. You can email email@example.com, or call on 01582 787377 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm). You can also write to us at Carnoisseur, Office 5a Brittany Court, High Street South, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 3HR
- These terms and conditions (including the privacy statement detailed above) contain all the terms which you have agreed with us in relation to the use of the website.
JURISDICTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. The information, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any terms of these terms and conditions or any dispute in relation to the material contained in this website shall be governed by English Law and where a dispute arises in Wales, the applicable law will be English law as applied in Wales. The English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions of use of the website.
- Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
SURVEYS & CONTESTS
- From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose any information requested. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and delivery address), and demographic information (such as postcode, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the functionality of the site.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
- If you register as a user of the website you will be asked for some basic information. Please note that registration is not required for all areas of the website, however we do encourage you to register in order to gain full access to the website content/information and online services. There are technological and operational security systems in place that provide protection for personally identifiable information from loss or misuse.
- Where links are provided to other websites it should be noted that they are not and cannot be governed by our Privacy Statement. We cannot guarantee your privacy when you access other websites through any link provided on this website.
*Special Order Items include seats that have been made to a particular specification and other products that are manufactured to order. All these products are deemed to be items specifically manufactured to fulfil individual customer orders.